Please upgrade your browser.
Thursday: Basic Drawing for Anyone [Ages 18-Adult]
Teaching Artist: Anne Kullaf
Thursdays, 9:30am-12:00pm: 4 sessions
May 24 - June 14, 2018
Members: $135 | Regular: $150
Late fee of $25 will apply from May 17, 2018
We will learn to see form, value, and proportions correctly, as well as the principles of perspective. Participants will develop confidence when making marks, learn to impart gesture and movement in the subject, understand how to create a composition that keeps the viewer engaged with the work, and much more! While the majority of work will be done monochromatically in graphite, we will also explore using color with colored pencils.
- Drawing pencils - set of Cretacolor woodless pencils https://www.dickblick.com/items/20442-1079/
- Strathmore sketchbook https://www.dickblick.com/products/strathmore-400-series-sketch-pads/#photos
- Pencil sharpener (small hand held kind)
- Prismacolor colored pencils, set of 24 https://www.dickblick.com/items/20508-2409/
- Strathmore toned grey sketchbook https://www.dickblick.com/items/13663-2585/
About the Teaching Artist: Anne Kullaf is a contemporary painter working in a variety of media. Her paintings utilize the principles of drawing from direct observation combined with efficient brushwork and a limited palette. She is a faculty member of the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, the Hunterdon Museum of Art, and the Center for Contemporary Art. A summa cum laude graduate of the University of Bridgeport, Connecticut, she received a Bachelor of Science in graphic design and fine art and also studied painting at The Art Students League of NY. In 2014, she was painter-in-residence at Bryan Park, NYC and was recently invited to teach a watercolor workshop at the Princeton University Museum of Art.
|Powered by NeonCRM|