The West Windsor Arts Council [WWAC] will conduct all online class activities on their professional and private Zoom web conferencing software accounts. The WWAC will continue to take all necessary precautions to ensure a safe and positive experience for all, including having a staff person monitor each session during class.
By enrolling yourself or your child[ren] in a class, you understand and agree to the following:
1. ONLINE RESPONSIBILITY:
Only the registered attendee will participate in the online sessions.
Adult attendees: You are ultimately responsible for your own safety during the online sessions and will not participate in behavior that will compromise online safe practices for you and the WWAC
Parents/guardians of child attendees:
a] You are ultimately responsible for the safety of your child[ren] during online sessions and will ensure that your child[ren] will not participate in behavior that will compromise the online safe practices and security for them and the WWAC.
b] You are wholly responsible that devices used by a child will have necessary parental safety controls
c] You and your child[ren] agree to not record a class in session. Doing so will be deemed a violation of privacy and confidentiality.
d] Just because inappropriate behavior may not happen within the view of a monitor or teaching artist, you will step in to reinforce appropriate behavior*.
2. SAFE PRACTICE: The WWAC will send a private and secure access link to a class session to the primary registrant. This online access to a registered session will not be shared with anyone who is not registered as an attendee for the class. The WWAC reserves the right to remove a registrant and attendee without recourse to refund in the event of such behavior.
3. CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICIES:
Class Cancellation: All classes with insufficient registrations will be closed 48 hours before they are scheduled to begin. Every effort will be made to find a suitable class for the attendee.
Missed classes: In the case of student's absence, the West Windsor Arts Council will not offer a make-up a class nor refund the missed class. Teaching artists are paid for the hours they teach and, understandably, cannot teach unpaid for one child who missed a class.
a] No refunds are issued unless a class is canceled by the West Windsor Arts Council.
b] No refunds are issued if an attendee is asked to leave a session in case of frequent erratic and disruptive behavior or code of conduct that is deemed to be in violation of safety and responsibility considerations.
c] In case of medical withdrawals, a $25 administrative fee will be charged and applied to the prorated balance on account. A doctor's note is required for a medical withdrawal*.
d] If a class is not a good fit, the West Windsor Arts Council will make every effort to find an alternate option. If no satisfactory option is mutually agreed upon, the refund of the prorated balance less a $25 administrative fee will be issued*
e] Once picked up, art kits are non-refundable
4. CODE OF CONDUCT: The West Windsor Arts Council will strive to create a warm, inviting, safe and fun environment for all attendees. Behavior that interferes with other attendees and staff is considered ‘disruptive behavior’. Disruptive behavior that is unacceptable includes, but is not limited to abusive, erratic behavior that hinders class activities or is in violation of safety and responsibility considerations. West Windsor Arts Council reserves the right to determine how to address a situation involving a disruptive attendee including, but not limited to removing the attendee to a safe space online [breakout room] for a private discussion with the attendee and/or parent regarding the disruptive conduct; a warning to cease the disruptive behavior; exclusion from an activity and/or dismissal from the class.
5. PHOTO AND RECORDING RELEASE: You are giving the West Windsor Arts Council, its representatives and staff, permission to record, for safety and transparency, and take photographs of when a class is in session. Photographs may be used for educational or marketing purposes, in print or electronically. Call 609.716.1931 for more information.
6. ART KITS FOR MINOR ATTENDEES: Art kit fee is due before first day of class and will be available for curbside pick-up at the West Windsor Arts Council on scheduled days. Pick-up schedules will be emailed before session begins. Parents/guardians are responsible for the pick-up and maintaining use of the kits during the duration of class. Additional charges will apply if kit supplies require replacement before class ends or are mailed to the children.
* COMMUNICATIONS: Adult attendees and parents/guardians of minor attendees are encouraged to share concerns about a session directly with Kirsten Sanford, Education Manager, via phone at 609-716-1931 or by email at Kirsten@westwindsorarts.org. A telephone number for urgent communications during the session will be provided.
Policies on late fees, class refunds, withdrawals, and make-ups are subject to change without notice.